Excavators are common construction machinery in construction, and accidents during construction are also common.
------The operator misjudged the width of the machine and the width of the road surface. As a result, the machine slipped into the pond when it was traveling.
------The machine is working on the tidal flat on the river bank. The operator does not know the ground pressure of the machine, and the machine sinks into the mud.
------The machine was operating on a ship. At that time, the wind at sea was very strong, and the operator misjudged the environmental factors. As a result, the machine rolled over due to the excessively rapid rotation speed and weightlessness.
------Some excavators caused misjudgment of soil quality during construction, resulting in rollover
So how to use the excavator to cope with a variety of different construction environments to avoid safety accidents?
11 groups of excavator accident warning cases and preventive measures hope to help everyone.
Security incident case 1
Scenes When the excavator gets on board
On the construction site of the house, because there is no dedicated inclined plate, two cement-shaped plates (17cm wide, 1.6m and 1.45m in length) are fixed to the excavator on the trailer. There is also an operator next to the trailer to clean up the site and pack up scattered building materials.
The excavator was out of balance as it was about to reach the trailer platform and rolled down from the side of the assistant's seat. The excavator's driver was okay because he jumped out. However, the workers who cleaned up beside the trailer died as a result of being squeezed by a hydraulic excavator.
(1) Use a swash plate suitable for handling vehicles or construction machinery, and set the angle of the swash plate to less than 15 degrees.
(2) In addition to prohibiting others from entering the work area, an on-site operation commander is required.
(3) Discuss the operation sequence and methods in advance, and then inform the relevant personnel clearly.
Security incident case 2
Scenes When the driver gets off
The excavator is being used to smooth the sand in the dump truck. After hearing the call of the dump truck driver, the excavator operator stopped working and was about to get off the excavator.
The tether at the operator's winter jacket was hooked to the swing lever, and the excavator turned to the left. The man who jumped off the excavator was caught by the walking gear and the rotary frame and died.
(1) When leaving from the driver's seat of a construction machine such as an excavator, lower the bucket, stop the engine, and remove the key. In addition, lock the safety lock of the operation lever.
(2) For the operator's clothing, make sure that the sleeves, buttons and straps of the hem are well fixed, and do not hook them to the operating lever.
(3) Thorough safety education should be given to the manipulators of construction machinery.
Security incident case 3
Scenes When the excavator is lifting stones
On a road with a width of 4.1m, an excavator is used to dig trenches for buried water pipes. About 200kg of stone was excavated. At this time, I wanted to use a dump truck to carry it, so I used an excavator bucket, chain, wire, etc. to hang the stone to the dump truck.
Because it was just hanging a stone with a chain, the stone rolled off the chain out of balance. It hit the operator next to the dump truck, and the operator died on the spot.
(1) When you have to use an excavator or other lifting operations, you must determine a certain signal gesture, and at the same time designate a person who cooperates with the signal to confirm the signal of the operation.
(2) In places where workers may be in danger due to things falling off, workers are prohibited from entering.
(3) For lifting operations, fully discuss their tools and methods, and implement them.
Security incident case 4
Scenes When the excavator is moving
Excavator is moving at the construction site of a sewage treatment plant. The robot moves the excavator forward, and turn right when the iron pad (about 1.5m wide, 6m long, 2cm thick, and 1.6t) is traversed. A staff member was walking on the iron plate.
When the excavator was turning to the right and turned, the broken part of the crawler hooked to the end of the iron plate which was slightly tilted. Because the tracks turned in the reverse direction, the iron plates were hung up. The worker standing on the iron plate fell to the ground. At this time, the iron plate fell off the track and hit the staff, causing it to die.
(1) Make sure that there is no damage to the track during the spot inspection and periodic independent inspection before starting the operation. If problems are found, repair and rectify them in time.
(2) The iron pad should flatten the unevenness on the ground, and try to keep it as horizontal as possible.
(3) Vehicle passage and pedestrian passage should be separated in principle. If there is not enough space to separate, set up a guide to determine priorities and guide traffic.
Security incident case 5
Scenes When loading with excavator
The house was dismantled by a hydraulic excavator equipped with a claw disk. Load the problem-solving waste building materials on a trailer. There are workers on the trailer platform who are paving waste building materials.
When the excavator made a right turn with the discarded building materials on it, the workers who sorted the discarded building materials on the platform were scanned, rolled over from the platform, and died.
(1) When the excavator is working, people are not allowed inside the turning radius.
(2) A commander shall be provided to carry out operation instructions.
(3) Do not perform the quick turning operation of the excavator in a narrow site.